Health and Safety
All UK organisations are required by law to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees as far as is reasonably practicable while at work.
Your organisation will already have relevant policies, measures and training in place around matters such as manual handling, preventing accidents and injuries, first aid, working with machinery and equipment, at height or with display screen equipment. For more information, guidance and support materials around health and safety at work, visit the Health and Safety Executive website.
With the impact of Covid-19 this spring many workplaces are facing more health and safety challenges than ever before. Depending on the nature of your business there will be new measures we will all need to put in place to ensure the safety of our teams. In order to help businesses at this time we have put together a list of the best reputable sources of support and advice for your business as well as links on where to go for the most up to date government guidance:
Guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic can be found here
The web links below cover the official government advice to businesses:
• Guidance for moving into the next stage of the recovery strategy, includes updates from 12th July - Staying alert & safe
• COVID-19 recovery strategy - The government’s ‘roadmap’ for lifting further restrictions and opening more businesses and venues
• Workplace testing - You can now collect lateral flow tests from your employer. Regular workplace testing is important as it can identify more positive cases and ensure those infected isolate. This will reduce the spread of the virus.
• Gov.uk pages - Public Health England information hub providing advice & guidance on protection; employment; education; childcare; businesses & self-employed; healthcare workers; travel; public services; cases & data; and how you can help
• FAQ’s - COVID-19 what you can versus can't do
Test & trace workplace guidance
This guidance explains how employers and businesses can play their part in the NHS test and trace programme to slow the spread of the virus, protect the health and care system and save lives. Anyone asymptomatic is eligible for testing. Includes a link to priority testing for essential workers